Wednesday 26 June 2013

Bad day box!

FIRST BLOG POST

HEY EVERYONE!

This box is called "bad day box or box of love."
You can practically make this for anyone, but in my case I made it for my boyfriend.

This is a perfect gift for valentines day, birthday, anniversary, while on deployment, or even just because.....

There are rules to this box and your loved one can only take one or two items when they are feeling sad, mad, upset, or when they need support.

I did not come up with this idea.  I found it online on someone else's blog.
I got inspired to make my own especially for my boyfriend who will soon be at tech
school for the military.  If you didn't know yet, but the demands of the military can be
really stressful...so I thought he would love this especially because I can't physically be there for him.  He's also that type of guy who loves home made or little things as gifts instead of an expensive watch, shoes, bag...etc.

At the end of this post I will add links to any of the items/things that I've mentioned.


This is how my box turned out.
This box was originally from Louis Vuitton from the handbag my sister purchased.
I decided to use this box so I wouldn't need to buy one and I'm glad I did 
because I really loved how it turned out.  

On the top of the box it has a poem that says:

For a day when you're sad
or when I've made you mad....

When you need a little more,
'cause I'm being such a bore.

This box will be there,
so, please....don't despair.

Because baby, it's true,
I really do...love you!
I pasted a black poster board to cover the "Louis Vuitton" label.  
Then I printed the poem and pasted it with the bow on top.
 I decided to design the bottom of the box...
...I wanted it to have a surprise message once the box is finally empty.
To do this you need to fold a paper in half and trace your hand on one side...
Just like the way we made hearts back in school. I suggest you use a poster board or durable paper so it won't get ruined with the things you are going to put inside.

Here's how the box looks like when full.

The things you can add to your box are:



-  Letters/Drawings from his/her family.(I didn't have the time to do this, but I highly recommend it.)
- Cards or letters from you.(words of encouragement..etc.)
- Things that he/she has wanted for a while
- 52 reasons why you love them
- His/Her favorite snacks
- funny pictures
- jokes
- coupons
- gift cards
- A wallet
- Bracelet
- Necklace
- Clothes
- Gag gifts

Here's what I decided to add to my bf's box.

Cards
This is another "Louis Vuitton" box and I did the same thing, but this time
 I covered it with a red poster board and printed out the word "Cards" and glued it on.

I got cards for different types of situations like...
for when you need some love...
for when I've made you mad...
for when you need encouragement...

All of these cards were from Kmart.  I also suggest to check hallmark online because you can personalize any card at an affordable price.  You can also write letters which is more romantic/sincere, but I found adorable cards at kmart and I couldn't resist.  Plus I wrote to him so much during his training...I practically ran out of things to say. HAHA!
A shirt
I got him a shirt because I thought this would be perfect 
especially because he couldn't bring a lot of clothes at BMT.
Boxers...
Need I say more? The picture explains it all. ;p
Pillow Case
Since my mom knows how to sew I asked her to make him a pillow case 
with the Japanese letters.  Daisuki which means I like you a lot.
Its a standard pillow size.  The material of the pillow is satin 
and the Japanese letters are felt.

(p.s. this is the proper way to say you love someone in Japanese.)
Snacks
Some of his favorite snacks.  I added labels on each of them.
52 reasons why I love you.




----------------------->



I reused the box my watch came with.


----------------------->
On each card you write a reason why you love them.

Example: Shopping with me even though it kills you.

The playing cards I got are pink. (:

You'll need:
 binder rings
playing cards of your choice
& sticker labels.

You can search eBay for binder rings.


Message in a bottle
This is a cork bottle with fake pills inside.  
There's a rolled up paper inside the pill that you can write on.  I wrote quotes, jokes, & messages.  I labeled and put a ribbon on it.  I got this from eBay from a seller at China.  If you are planning to add this to your box I suggest you order it a month before you plan on giving this box to your loved one.

Paracord Bracelet




I made him a paracord bracelet with the colors of the Air Force.
(blue & silver)

This is one of my favorite gifts I added to his box because I know for sure he would love this.









I put it inside this small white box I found at my house.  It's a great idea to wrap some of the gifts so he/she doesn't choose what to open.








Perfume bottle
 This is a refillable perfume bottle that I got from eBay.  They come in many colors and I got it only for $2.49.  Again the down side of this bottle is that it takes a month to come because its from China.  Although there are other sellers on eBay they sell them for much more.  If you are willing to wait then definitely get this one.  While he was at BMT I sprayed my letters with my perfume.  He said that he quickly smells my letters every time he receives them because it smelt like me and that it reminded him of all the great memories we have made.







I labeled it so he knows the purpose of this bottle.






Picture Necklace

This is a necklace that I got from eBay.
I think by now you guys know I shop at eBay a lot. (:
It's a dog tag shaped necklace that he can add to his dog tags.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take a picture of the necklace.

It looks like this, but it has a picture of him & I.

You can add other things for fun like:
- Temporary tattoos
- Glow sticks
- Gag gifts

Mustache
This is a mustache that I got from those kids vending machines you see at the stores.  On the bottom I put a label that says, "Since you love your mustache so much I thought this would be a fast solution." At his training he had to shave it off.  Funny thing is that this mustache is blonde and my bf isn't.  Even though I'm sure he won't use this....adding funny stuff like this is always great.

Chocolate Chip Cookies from Guam.
 My boyfriend is Chamoru and I'm Filipino.  
We both love to tease each others race for fun so this one is an inside joke.


That's everything that I was able to add and what I could think of.
Make sure to make it fun and funny because the main point of this box is brighten up their day.

If you decide to make this.. What will you include?
If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Links:

Personalized cards
Hallmark.com

Pink playing cards
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190751667138?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Cork bottle with pills
http://www.ebay.com/itm/150917267436?var=450125555931&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Customized Photo Dog Tag Necklace
http://www.ebay.com/itm/130745271294?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Refillable Perfume Bottle
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330915005764?var=540170829213&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648

Where I got this idea from:
http://loveactually-blog.blogspot.com/2009/03/bad-day-box.html


Thanks for reading!

XOXO,

Cristina



2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent idea. I hope you don't mind, but I shared it on a page I manage! I plan to do something like this for our anniversary in August! So thanks so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I really don't mind. Hope you enjoyed it!

      Delete